TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the BEAUFORT GLIDING CLUB INC operating as MELBOURNE SOARING
I agree to abide by the current Rules of the Beaufort Gliding Club Inc., a copy of which is available on the Melbourne Soaring Website in the documents library. These rules can be updated with committee approval.
I agree to act in accordance with and be bound by any policies or instructions which may be passed by the Club pursuant to the Rules.
I declare that:
- I am over 18 years of age OR I am the Parent/Guardian of the applicant who has my permission to undertake gliding flights.
- I have no disability or illness and I am not taking any medicines which may cause me or any other person to suffer injury, or aggravate a pre-existing medical condition during gliding; and
- In the event of contracting or suspecting any disability or illness which may make me unfit to fly. I will cease flying until I have obtained a medical opinion that it is safe to do so.
The following outlines the expectations that members should have of Melbourne Soaring and those which Melbourne Soaring has of it’s members. It aims to present a clear understanding of the culture our club wishes to maintain, and how this will be achieved.
What Melbourne Soaring will do for you.
We will give all our members the opportunity to fly gliders by learning to fly, consolidating, and achieving your own personal gliding goals. We will strive to maintain a safe environment. We will continue to grow and develop a positive culture that attracts all people to share our sport of gliding. We will maintain club values of support, friendship, safety, enjoyment, education and improvement.
What you can do for Melbourne Soaring.
You can help support us. Everything that we can and will do for you requires the time and energy of volunteers, and we need you to be one of them.
You can help by assisting with the launching and retrieving gliders at the launch point.
You can learn to undertake a daily inspection on our gliders, and develop your airworthiness skills
You can help us organise our gliding visits to other sites.
You can be part of the Committee, learn to be an instructor or a tow pilot, or assist in any other way that helps our club to improve the way it operates.
We look forward to your involvement in the clubs many activities.
By applying for or renewing membership to the Melbourne Gliding Club, you are agreeing to become part of the environment and culture described above. In doing so, you also agree to support the club and continue its improvement.
- To act in a safe and responsible manner while on any airfield from which the Club is operating, and take due and proper care of all Club Assets, and if unsure, to obtain guidance from a suitable Club member.
- In the case of any damage to club equipment or assets due to member’s negligence, the member may be held liable to cover part of the repair/replacement costs. The club committee will assess this on a case-by-case basis and may obtain assistance from the Instructor Panel or other club members to obtain information necessary to make a determination.