Weather Forecasting information.
The big picture across the Australian region, supplied by Weatherzone (WZ) and the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM):
- Current MSL Chart: includes 6 hourly interactive MSL chart view over the last 7 days (BOM)
- 7-day WZ charts: current and forecast charts for the Australian region https://www.weatherzone.com.au/synoptic
- 4-day BOM charts: PDF of forecast charts for 1000 and 2200 local time (BOM)
- Interactive Charts: interactive 3-hourly forecast charts over the next 3 days(BOM)
- All BOM Forecast Charts: home page for all forecast charts (BOM)
- BOM Satellite Images: home page for all satellite images; visible, IR, static, looped (BOM) http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/satellite/
- BOM Meteye. You input the location or postcode and the forecast and windmap are displayed. http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
Other useful sites for information are:
- Elders Weather https://www.eldersweather.com.au
- Weatherzone https://www.weatherzone.com.au
- Willyweather https://www.willyweather.com.au
Soaring forecasting information.
- Windy https://www.windy.com
- Melbourne and Wagga Wagga radiosonde soundings with estimated convection heights against temperatures. Website address: http://slash.dotat.org/cgi-bin/atmos
This is a basic version of a weather service provided by SkySight to Gliding Australia (GA). It is a free service to GA Members. It is provided from within MyGFA in order to ensure that only GA members have access to this free version.
The full version of Skysight is found here. https://skysight.io